Posted on April 18, 2018 by The Athletic Room Team
Did you know that your stress hormone Cortisol can trigger the accumulation of fat in your body? Fat is something that most of us are constantly searching for new ways to reduce because we don’t like the way it looks or makes us feel; but, there is an even more important reason to take a second look at your stomach because it could be dangerous to your health.
As we age, the “fountain of youth” becomes ever more elusive and what it took to maintain a lean body in our 20’s doesn’t necessarily apply as we transition into our 30’s and beyond.
Two factors that play a major role in the accumulation of those extra pounds that get packed on around the midsection is dropping hormone levels and stress (work, traffic, emails, busy kid schedules, etc.). But, as the Anti-Aging movement continues to grow and as we continue to get great research about tools such as Cryotherapy people are now able look, move, and feel younger later in life without having to jump in the Ice Bath.
In this Article we will be focusing on the role that Cortisol and Testosterone play in the accumulation of Fat found in the Belly Area and how Cryotherapy has been proven to help.
Belly fat can be due to a number of factors including:
- Hormonal and hereditary factors
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Or Chronic inflammation with elevated levels of Cortisol, the stress hormone
A key factor (along with diet and exercise) to control weight gain in the midsection is to keep levels of Cortisol in check. Excess Cortisol Levels have shown to be linked to:
- Increased abdominal fat gain
- Higher blood pressure
- Heart Disease and much more.
However, this is not all doom and gloom because researchers have identified different ways of effectively reducing the levels of cortisol in the body. Based on a study, Cryotherapy was shown to control Cortisol and Boost the Hormones to help your body Shred Fat: Read here => Study
• Cryotherapy is the use of mild cold stress to reset the Nervous System and jumpstart the metabolism
• Cryotherapy was also found to decrease the Cortisol Levels while increasing the hormones that are designed to keep fat in check, i.e Testosterone.
• When Cryotherapy is combined with an already good diet and exercise routine the body is in it’s optimal state to reduce fat.
Lastly, there is no magic pill or secret workout to incinerate belly fat in a week; but, by incorporating discipline, focus, rest, and a plan you will see a flat tummy in the near future!